Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My blogging experience...

Though I have never blogged in the past, I am enjoying this newfound experience.
I have since checked out other blogging websites and enjoyed reading about others lives, mishaps, travels, and experiences along the way. Personally, I like to travel. So, If you are reading this make sure that you add your travels to your blog.
My son Bradley is now learning to blog and I am having a great time teaching him. This has given us another reason to spend quality time together. He is well on his way to having a blog of his own to share with his classmates.
Which brings me to the idea of blogging for the classroom, I think it would be a great idea to create a blog for every classroom. Teachers can keep parents posted as to how their children are doing, and parents can make comments on things. It could also be used as a bulletin to keep parents up to speed on test dates, assignments, and special events. I know it is hard to keep up with all those papers that kids bring home and if you live a busy life, you forget half of what you read and where you put the information. Having it all posted on a blog would be very convenient.
One of my professors uses a blog to aid our classroom, along with powerpoint presentations and podcasts. He likes to share things about himself and his family and this is neat because not only does it keep us informed daily, but it also adds to the personality of our teacher and lets us know who he is as a person.
It really makes learning fun and I think that no classroom should be without a blog. The only negative thing that I can see coming out of a blog being used by K-12 students would be students making ugly comments about others and it could reveal too much information to be viewed by strangers on the web.

No comments: